Who are you doing it for?

I've learnt a really valuable lesson today.. lol! Yes, it took me a few times of incident before I actually realize it but well, a lesson learnt is a lesson learnt! =P

We had our basketball practice today.. Really training up for the upcoming match against the Russian team and it'll probably be our only match that we could win! XP 

But because our teacher wasn't there, we decided to have a match against the Junior basketball team.. Just for the fun of it...

But.....

During the whole game, my attention was only to myself, and when I do that, I tend to play poorly, and end up going home feeling unsatisfied.. Like something's not right.. Because when I could've substitute with other people on the team, I was selfish to take the whole game by myself.. XP

Compared to when I give my best, but at the same time, when I do it for His glory, I tend to do alot better, and even if I lost in a match, I walk home feeling happy and content.. 



Matthew 23:12
For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

1 comments:

MERiE said...

Oh I love this entry. This is so true. Amen.

I'm reminded...

top