Es-Serious?

If theres one situation where I always find myself bumping into is having the honor and privilege + torture to teach someone english. Especially people who weren't brought up speaking english, and also who happens to come from a country that doesn't have english as their primary language. Not that it's a bad thing! Haha! But it recently got me wondering, I'm not THAT patient when it comes to teaching a language, nor am I that passionate about it, so what's the factor that's been attracting these kinda teaching-to-speak conversations?:

(Vietnamese people can't seem to get the "s" sound right)
Me: Business. Bis Ness.
B: Big snake
Me: No not big snake. Bis Ness. BIZzzz.. Nessss...
B: Bissssss.....
Me: Yes.. Yes.! Go on
B: Sneg!
Me: ... ... Let's try it again..

OR

(Bangladeshis however have a similar prob!)
Me: Stuffing.
A: Es-stuffing.
Me: No no, no "es". stuffing!
A: Es-stuffing.
Me: No "es"! sttttuffing.
A: Stuffing! Stuffing!
Me: Ahh! Yes!

**Next day**
A: Es-stuffing?
Me: Stuffing.

Gotta love these moments. Somehow whenever I look at these people, I just see and picture an image in the future where they will speak fluently and we can all laugh at these moments where the mistakes are made...

*Long pause*

Thinking about the immeasurable patience, love, grace and mercy God has and His passion to prosper and make me great.. And you know what..

Nothing compares to that! ;) Alright bigs sneg and es-stuffing, bring it on!!




0 comments:

top