Astonished!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strenghtens me". [Phil 4:13]

I was sitting in the car, thinking about all that happened earlier and one word just came into my mind:

Astonished!

So I thought of looking that word up and its defined as "amaze; affect with wonder". I love the second definition of the word! =D

Ok now back to what happened.. lol! We had this basketball tournament (yet again XP) but this time it only last two days! But what a game it was man! haha! 

The day before my match I kept thinking about the match that I'm gonna face and the opponent we're playing against.. No doubt I cannot do it without God.. I can make it through the match, but if I were to really play well in the game, I needed God! So I was up before going to bed praying and just asking that He'll be my strenght and that my attention will go to Him and not myself.. XP If I win, I'll praise Him, if I lose, I'll praise Him!

The next day I woke up and did my warm-ups and was feeling pretty nervous about the match! Haha! Head down to the school, ate some bananas for energy.. Note that I didn't even have my breakfast.. XP All I had was an orange because I can feel God just telling me "Listen, I want to show you that I will be your strenght without any of this food you're gonna take, so that you will know that it is I who will be your strenght, and not the food you're gonna take".

The first match, we were up against this team from a chinese school! We were leading but they caught up with us and outbeat us by 8 points! But that there is like a surprise to us already because the team we're up against are really good! And many other people agreed on that.. And there we are, 8 points away from them! XP

Now the second match was where the climax of it all began! We're facing another team also from the chinese school! We had a good start! Scores tied for a long time till Time Out was called.. Then it began! I was all tired and my legs were aching and I couldn't get the rebounds I'm suppose to and wasn't doing really well...

My PE teacher called me to sit next to him and he's a Christian and he was telling me how in the mist of all this things that are happening, despite being nervous, worn out and tired, that there is this God who is bigger! That at times like this when I feel nervous and tensed when shooting, all I need to do was to relax and say "Ok God, you take it from here". Things will be so much more better if I lay off relying only on my strenght and start relying on His! And he also mentioned about just thinking and knowing that there is someone on the upper floor who we can rely on..

What he said really fired me up and I'm ready to GO! A few minutes into the game I was scoring 6 points! And we're leading them by alot!! Till I fouled them too many times and I was out of the game.. XP It was tied in the end again, but an extra 2 minutes was added and we lost by 3 points because of fouls.. XD It was such a close game and boy was it a great feeling when you start realizing, not merely just realizing but REALLY knowing that God is there and He is in control!! =D

Today I marked it not as the day we lost to the tournament we paid RM10 for, but the day God showed me what He can do through me and for me! =) My God is awesome!

0 comments:

top