You are my strength

Philipians 4:13: I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

And what a verse well put! I've been reminded of my previous year in this international French school in Laos. And boy was it dreadful. haha!

Let me share with you a testimony that took place last year.. 

Before that, as some of you might've know, I was studying abroad in Canada for 6 months with my relatives and at that same period, I took up French simply because well, I'm in the French part of Canada.. Lol! 

And it wasn't easy! French is one heck of a difficult language and alot of the words we have in English today is taken from French.. And with the accent, and the word orders of sentences, it simply makes it even harder! =P

Coming to Laos, the first problem was finding a school and there wasn't any English school for my age and the price for the other one is simply SOOOOO expensive! It wasn't till almost the end of my school year in the French school when I found out that I was able to go to the same school my siblings were in because they offer the class.. =.="... 

I thought I was gonna fail every subject there is and that I can't do anything simply because I just don't speak French.. I wanted to drop out and get out because I just don't belong there and it would be a waste of my time..

It wasn't till the first exams when I was scoring a pretty average score on my papers.. I was having tuitions on a few days and I kept doing my homework like everyone else..

By the end of school year, I got results that were higher than some of the students in class who have been speaking and studying French since they were borned and when I was about to leave (And boy was I so happy to finally get out of that school.. lol! shhh! XP) the teacher said one of the most surprising comments ever.. "You are really one heck of a student, and you left many teachers amazed.." 

But before that I forgot to mention that when I first wanted to enrol in that school, the principle was like saying "Oh no way is he gonna make it" and I proved him wrong! No, correction, My God proved him wrong! =) At the end of the semester he was hoping I would stay.. Lol! Well too bad Mr. Frenchie pants! Haha!

I can do all things through God who strengthens me! =)

0 comments:

top