Great gifts that comes in old ruggy packages!

Wow! Just yesterday I was talking to Lai Lin about Bak Kut Teh and how I didn't get to eat it while I was in KL and today I get to savour its awesome taste again! Well, part of it actually.. haha!

My dad made it, it was not bad I guess.. could use more of the strong herb taste.. but oh well! Bak Kut Teh made by Malaysian is a Bak Kut Teh to enjoy indeed.. XP

Well that was what he had for dinner, after Church.. =P Church today however, at first, it was rather disappointing, Praise and Worship was transformed from contemporary style to the 80's/90's..

If it was done like that all the time, I would understand but, this is like every week they would have different people and different people would lead to different styles of music.. Its rather disappointing really.. but I just worship God anyway, knowing that I did not go to Church for the music but to seek God. But something really kicks in, in the inside of me, wanting to really change the way things are run here in the fellowship because it should really be much more than this!

While some of the youths and people are in the state of neutralness, the old people seem to enjoy this style of music.. XP And the preacher is UK and he preach with this strong english accent and the things they preach are more to Bible studies and its really different from HSG and Soaring Eagles.

And people just come in in the middle of the service like 15 minutes late and during the message they still talk and make noises, it really gets on my nerves..

But I told God, that I'm not leaving the house of God empty-handed! I'm not gonna go without receiving something from God.. And even in my notebook for the message, I seriously couldn't note anything much at all from what the pastor's message is about because practically theres nothing to note! =P

But at the end of the service, there was communion and that lifted my spirit up.. The preacher said one thing in the end that got me right there at the moment and the song to end it was an awesome one.. Old, but the tune and lyrics is not as bad as the songs at the start.. XP

And with that, God's still small voice just said "Because you ask and you seek, you will receive" and I just thank God and praise Him..

He has His reasons for everything, probably because it was time that the oldies experience a little taste of their past memorable worship experience.. LOL! Who knows, God does! hehe..

God is awesome! can't wait for school to reopen! time to go back to the harvest again! XP

2 comments:

Jez said...

Well, I bet you'll also miss singing Planetshakers and United when you get old ah. Haha. JK.
Anyway, I praise God for your seek-ful heart.

-Ben Soo- said...

Hahaha! I'm sure we all will! hahaha! in our 50's and we're still singing "solution"! Imagine that!! hahaha!

Thanks Jez! =D Take care aite? hope to hear from you soon!

top